5 Things I Regret About March
March has been one of my best months revenue wise here at Bill2me dot Com. I've also seen some significant traffic growth and, best of all, some great new commenters! Along the way I also managed to rebuild my template, update my diggIntegrator plugin, and more. Of course it hasn't all been good. Along the way I've made a few mistakes and learned a few lessons.
While the month isn't over yet, I thought I'd take a moment to share my blogging regrets from the last few weeks. Feel free to jump in if you think I missed something.
- Rushing Things: By far my biggest regret this month was rushing the release of the digg Integrator plugin. While it appeared to be working on my test site and my live site it ultimately wasn't. The first few people who downloaded it probably got copies that weren't working which is never a good thing.
- Not Checking Facts: I goofed a couple times this month with people's names and Blog names. I tried my best to correct all those mistakes but I shouldn't have made them in the first place. From now on before I post or respond to a comment I'm going to be sure to quadruple check URLs, Names, and Titles for everything.
- Concentrating too Much on Revenue: When I first re-launched this template I had WAY too many ads on the page. I've always hated browsing into a site that has more too many CPC ads 'above the fold.' Then I went ahead and built a theme with tons. Right now I think I've found a happy medium - What do you think?
- Not being Diverse Enough: I spent a lot of time posting about Blog Design this month. While I hope to continue authoring good design related content I'd like to get back to some more fun stuff.
- Not Finishing Things: I've posted a couple things that were intended to be muli-part posts only to not follow up on them. This week I'm going to go back and review those posts to update them. I'm also going to make sure to finish any "series" posts I start.
There are definitely a few more things I'd like to do differently starting in April - these are just the top of my list. Anyone think I missed something?